In Australia there are 10’s of Thousands of businesses in the $5M to $250M turnover size.
Most have the same issues as the $Billion businesses, but they cannot afford to pay $250K to $1M+ per year for a specialist Advisory Board.
Issues companies need to address for sustainable success – whilst doing business:
Business growth strategies
Increase in competition
Changes in business process
Ageing management team
Divergent risk-appetite of Executives
Disconnect between Board and Executives
Finance, Commercial and Legal
Keeping focus on bottomline
Minimising legal exposures
Risk vs Reward management
Capital to sustain growth
Cost of money
Return on Investment &/or Capital
Exposure to currency fluctuations
Mergers & Acquisitions
Research & Innovation
Lead-time to Revenue
Innovation by competitors
Cost of innovation
Cost of NOT innovating
New entrants re-shaping a market (eg: Google)
When to innovate, and when to wait
Intellectual Property protection
Cost of Retention vs Acquisition
Motivation and productivity
Fixed vs Variable workforce
Total Cost of Employee
Poor internal communications
No sense of ownership/belonging by staff
Sales & Marketing
Increasing gross margins
Brand Promise vs Service Delivery
Channels to market
Cost of ICT operations
In-house vs Outsourced
Limited/No knowledge of systems in use
Not leveraging the full benefits of technology
Unable to make sense of voluminous data
Rising power & consumable costs
The list of challenges facing small to medium, and even large, businesses is bewildering.
The items covered above are only a small sample of the total array of issues that distract business owners and executives away from their main concern – which is making or saving money.
As it just happens, we offer an Advisory Board Bureau that provides you with access to all the expertise you need, when you need it, to help you navigate your way through incredibly complex issues that are taking up TIME YOU DON’T HAVE.
Expertise available through our Advisory Board Bureau
The following list gives you a sense of the expertise at your disposal as/when you need it.
- Drop-in CEO, COO, CTO, CIO or CFO for a short-term engagement to turn around a company.
- Development/Review/Validation of a Marketing Strategy or Plan.
- Mentoring and Measurement of a Sales Team.
- Mentoring of the CEO/CFO/COO through periods of dramatic change in the business.
- Development/Review/Validation of a Business Growth Strategy or Plan.
- Support the business executive team through the pains associated with actual business growth.
- Oversight of the Acquisition or Divestment of Businesses &/or Business Units.
- Creating, or Maintaining, High-Performing Teams within a business.
- Dealing with staff, talent and knowledge retention (or high turnover)
- Mediating between the Executive Team and The Board where there is a disconnect.
- Development/Review/Validation of an ICT Strategy or Plan.
- Oversight of the creation of a Project Management Office to handle all project activity.
- Health-Check, or Audit, of specific projects that are concerning Management.
- Specialist sector-specific advice relating to Product/Service innovation.
- Expanding your sales channels.
- Health-check of your IT Systems.
- Benchmarking your Outsourced service providers against industry accepted performance.
So, we can deliver to your business the same quality of Advisory Boards that $Billion businesses have, but with a small business price tag.
How do we do this ?. We’ve aggregated many $5M to $200M businesses, who use our Advisory Board service as a Bureau, which means we can afford to pay for Top Talent by sharing the cost across many businesses.
What will it cost you …. Let’s talk to understand what you need, it could be as little at $5,000 per month.